Mitochondrial Genetics and Diseases
MitochondrialGenetics is the study of genetics of mitochondrial DNA. In most multi cellular organisms, mitochondrial DNA is inherited only from the mother's ovum. Mitochondrial DNA mutations lead to functional problems, which may causes muscle disorders. Mitochondrial DNA is used in electron transport chain, replication, transcription, and translation. Mitochondrial disease is principally a chronic loss of cellular energy, Mitochondria is responsible for creating more than 90% of the energy needed by the body to sustain life and to support organ function.
- Basic of mitochondrial genetics
- Mitochondrial DNA mutations in human disease
- Types and treatment of mitochondrial diseases
- Clinical features of human mtDNA disease
- Mitochondrial DNA variants as a predisposition for common disease